How to autoclave Hettich centrifuge accessories:
- Shut the centrifuge off and unplug the centrifuge from the wall outlet.
- Remove all inserts, buckets and rotor to be autoclaved from the centrifuge.
- To remove the rotor, follow these instructions.
- Load items into the autoclave and follow proper autoclaving instructions as listed by each facility manager.
- After autoclaving, rotors and accessories must be thoroughly dried prior to use in the centrifuge. Air drying of rotors and accessories MAY result in undesirable oxidation under certain conditions.
- Prior to loading the rotors and accessories into the centrifuge, ensure they are properly lubricated. Please follow the Product Manual instructions located here or follow these instructions.
- To properly install a rotor into the centrifuge, please follow these instructions.
At no time should a Hettich centrifuge be autoclaved. For instructions on cleaning your Hettich centrifuge, please click here.