To remove Pathogenic material from all Hettich centrifuges and accessories:
- Shut the centrifuge off and unplug from the AC outlet.
- Remove rotor, buckets and inserts from the centrifuge.
- Follow specific instructions as listed on the cleaning agent.
- After removing the Pathogenic material, remove any residue by rinsing with water (only rotor, accessories and outside of centrifuge) or wipe off with a damp cloth. Rotors and accessories must be thoroughly dried prior to use in the centrifuge. Air drying of rotors and accessories MAY result in undesirable oxidation under certain conditions.
- Rotors and accessories must be properly lubricated and replaced in the centrifuge according to the Product Manual. For specific instructions on how to lubricate the rotor and buckets, please click here. For Rotor Installation instructions, please click here.
To Autoclave Hettich accessories, please click here.
For General Maintenance procedures, please click here.
To clean Radioactive material from Hettich equipment, please click here.