To install a rotor in a Hettich Centrifuge, please follow these steps:
- Clean the motor shaft in the centrifuge, and the rotor drilling on the underside of the rotor.
- Place the rotor vertically on the motor shaft. Use the flanges, or alignment wings, on the motor shaft and the identification lines, on top of the rotor, to properly seat the rotor.
- Hand tighten the rotor using the enclosed 5mm allen wrench by turning clockwise. Be careful not to over tighten the rotor or it will be difficult to remove for cleaning and inspection. It is only necessary to hand tighten.
- Check the rotor for firm seating by gently pulling up on one side of the rotor.
- Close and lock (on smaller models) the lid of the centrifuge. Turn the centrifuge on and press the start button. This will begin the Rotor Recognition process in which the centrifuge will identify the rotor by maximum speed and preset radius. For more information on this, please click here.
- Once the Rotor Recognition process is complete, the centrifuge will stop spinning. Open the lid and proceed with your application.
To remove a rotor from a Hettich Centrifuge:
- Using the enclosed 5mm allen wrench, loosen the rotor by in a turning clockwise direction until the rotor is able to be lifted from the motor shaft.
- Once the rotor is removed, it is strongly suggested the rotor is cleaned and inspected. Prior to replacing the rotor, ensure it is properly greased for maximum results. For information on cleaning and inspecting a rotor, please click here.