Visit us at the 2023 AABB Annual Meeting to learn more about our various centrifuges and accessories for blood bags, serology, cell...
The Service Manager position will be an addition to a growing service team. This position will report to the Director of Service & Quality. Responsibilities include managing both an in-house repair shop (2 technicians) and a growing field service team that handles customers across the US. The candidate should have extensive hands-on technical experience as well as prior management experience. The applicant should have strong communication skills, in person, by phone, and online. The position will be based in Beverly, MA, and travel will be required as needed. Our normal workdays take place Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM.
- Management of service team, both in-house and in the field
- Service team hiring and training
- Travel when necessary to support both customers and the service team
- Communication with our German service team/headquarters
- Coordination between the Hettich service team and third-party servicers
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
- Historically strong diagnostic skills, ideally within the bio-medical field/clinical engineering/military bio-medical repair
- Extensive field experience with electrical/electronic schematics and/or military electronics
- Ability to utilize electrical and mechanical testing equipment
- Previous service management experience, ideally supervision of a field service team
- Ability to solve problems quickly and proficiently
- Attentive to detail
- Prioritization abilities to evaluate demands daily
- Professional demeanor in the office and with customers
- Clear communication skills in person and via telephone/email/software
- Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
Additional desirable skills
- Diagnostic abilities to specifically repair Hettich centrifuges, incubators, and other proprietary products
- Extensive Military, clinical engineering, biomedical, mechanical experience in the field
- Extensive experience with small electric testing tools DVM, ammeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Positive employment history at ThermoFisher, Sylvania, Varian, Analogix, Medtronics, local hospital, etc.
- Microsoft CRM and/or Business Central experience
- Ability to speak German
- Extremely organized
- Growth mindset
- Full-time with numerous benefits
- In-house with travel required as necessary
- Commensurate with experience
- Applications are accepted via the contact form below
Hettich Instruments is the North American office of the German company Andreas Hettich, with its headquarters in Tuttlingen. Andreas Hettich is an industry-leading laboratory equipment manufacturer best known for its high-quality centrifuges and incubators used in clinical, blood processing, and research laboratories. Hettich also offers special centrifuges and other equipment for integration with laboratory automation systems.
Established in 2003 and located just north of Boston in Beverly, Massachusetts, Hettich Instruments supports all of Hettich’s North American business. The Beverly office and warehouse hold inventory and are responsible for all order processing and shipping for the U.S. and Canada. An inside sales support team helps customers with technical advice and technical service. In addition, a team of territory managers supports customers and distribution partners in the field across the continent.