Position Title Technical Customer Support Representative Job Description The Technical Customer Support Representative position is a new addition to a growing customer...
Technical Customer Support Representative
The Technical Customer Support Representative position is a new addition to a growing customer support team. This position is responsible for cultivating customer relations by providing excellent customer and technical support for all customer service inquiries. The ideal candidate should have experience in managing customer requests for product information along with technical support, including diagnosis, testing, and repair.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications: (minimum 4 years experience required)
Technical Support requirements
- Strong diagnostic skills, ideally within the bio-medical field
- Experience with electronics or electrical/ electronic schematics
- Proficiency in diagnosing equipment errors in a timely manner
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical testing equipment (DVM, ammeters, oscilloscopes, etc)
- Ability to identify, investigate, and resolve user technical service inquiries
- Guide users through a self-diagnostic and a self-troubleshooting process, which may include the use of diagnostic tools and following verbal instructions
- Collaborate with co-workers/ staff to research and solve cases presented by equipment users
- Arrange for and follow up on service by 3rd party vendors that install or repair products at the customer’s convenience
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical and non-technical employees or customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Customer Support requirements
- Maintain the accuracy of customer records within the internal database
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Communicate with customers through various mediums
- Champion and facilitate for the customer any challenges or concerns that arise
- Manage customer requests for product availability and shipping updates
- Know all products inside and out to answer all general and technical inquiries, including accessories for an application, availability, price, shipping times, and repair
- Prioritization abilities to evaluate demands on a daily basis
- Professional demeanor at the customer site or in the Beverly office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite of Products (Excel, Word, Dynamics CRM, Business Central, etc.)
- Full-time with numerous benefits
- On-site/In-house with travel required as necessary
- The position will be based in Beverly, MA
- Normal workdays occur Monday through Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM, closed most Holidays.
- Commensurate with experience
- Applications are accepted via the contact form below
Hettich Instruments is the North American office for the German company Andreas Hettich, with its headquarters in the town of Tuttlingen. Andreas Hettich is an industry-leading laboratory equipment manufacturer best known for its high-quality centrifuges and incubators used in clinical, blood processing, and research laboratories. Hettich also offers special centrifuges and other equipment for integration with laboratory automation systems.
Established in 2003 and located just north of Boston in Beverly, Massachusetts, Hettich Instruments supports all of Hettich’s North American business. The Beverly office and warehouse holds inventory and are responsible for all order processing and shipping for the U.S. and Canada. An inside sales support team helps customers with technical advice and technical service. In addition, a team of territory managers supports customers and distribution partners in the field across the continent.