For optimal results, Hettich suggests following the attached Preventative Maintenance Schedule.
To clean, inspect and lubricate a Hettich Centrifuge, please follow these steps:
- Remove all accessories (inserts, adapters, buckets) and rotor from the centrifuge. For instructions on how to remove the rotor, please click here.
- Inspect all items for wear and tear, especially the contact areas of the swing out buckets and the rotors.
- Lubricate lightly using the Hettich grease at all metal to metal contact points between the bucket and rotor, and the rotor and centrifuge. Lubrication is indicated when the metal to metal contact squeak, or a bucket doesn't swing freely when moved out of the vertical position at standstill. See the Product Manual for proper operation of a centrifuge.
- If too much grease is applied, a small ring of grease will spin off onto the chamber wall of the centrifuge. This cleans up easily with a soft cloth and does not harm the centrifuge.
- Replace the rotor and tighten securely using the enclosed 5mm allen wrench. Lift up on one side of the rotor to ensure a snug fit. Replace the buckets and accessories. For instructions on how to properly replace the rotor, click here.
- Clean the buckets, inserts and rotors with a mild, non-aggressive cleaner. Remove anything that might add unwanted weight inside the bucket or insert. Certain parts and accessories can be autoclaved.